Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Messianic Misconceptions - Intro

  Since coming into a Hebrew Roots perspective of the faith less than a year ago, I have heard many objections to the movement and its teachings.  Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish if someone is objecting from a standpoint of sincerity or attack, but either way many are voicing their concerns.  I feel it is important for us to listen to these concerns and take them seriously.  After all, anyone (including ourselves) can be mistaken about something, and there is always room in everyone for growth and learning!  I would certainly not expect anyone to "jump on board" any belief system or movement without doing their homework and checking everything by scripture, so I am glad to hear objections and challenges!  However, when these concerns are voiced, we need to answer them.  Any true believer and seeker of truth will want to hear our answers in order to weigh the evidence and decide for themselves.  In addition, many of us will face these and other concerns among our friends, families, and even churches.  We should always be ready and able to accurately communicate our faith to anyone asking! (1 Peter 3:15)

  For this reason, I am beginning a new series - Messianic Misconceptions!  Each article will address one misconception or concern that I have heard voiced about our teachings.  You must, of course, weigh the arguments for yourself to decide, but I will do my best to provide an accurate and clear representation of both the argument and its response.  There are, naturally, many other resources you can find to support and defend both sides of the argument, and I hope you will do your homework.  It is a passion of mine that all believers take their faith seriously and give YHVH (God) the devotion and due diligence He deserves!  Don't stop here!  Take your search as far and as deep as you can until you are fully convinced in your own mind what the Truth (as defined in scripture) is! (Romans 14:5)

   In addition to your own reading, it may be helpful for your friends and family to read these articles as well if, maybe, they, too, are skeptical or concerned.  Everyone is welcome here, and comments are always appreciated! (Respectful and on-topic comments only, please.)

    If you have specific objections with which you have been confronted and would like to see addressed, please comment to this post.  I will, then, include those in my series.  Check back soon for our first objection!



Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your replies and input. I'd love to have you join the conversation!

Join Me At My New Address!!!

Good evening, all! In an effort to establish myself as a new author and promote my recently published book, The Little Seed, I have moved ...