Monday, August 26, 2013

Here We Go Again....

    I'm sure you've noticed (as every year), it's only August, but the stores are stocking their shelves with Halloween (and even Christmas!) items.  It seems to me like they start earlier each year!  Even though, in my mind, 2+ months away is too early to start worrying about it, if it's gearing up, then we should discuss it.

    If you were a reader of my blog this time last year, then you already read my first post on Halloween.  If not, please do so.  If you're unfamiliar with the origins and symbolism associated with our traditions, please look into it!  It's vital that, as believers, we should be EDUCATED about our faith and our traditions!  Because Halloween is an annual tradition for many of us, we should know what it means and why.

     Halloween, as you will quickly see, is a pet-peeve of mine.  It hasn't always been, though.  I celebrated as a child and went trick-or-treating like all the others.  As an adult though, after deciding to serve YHVH (God) with my life, I've made a much different choice.  I will share this choice with you here, in hopes that you, too, will perhaps consider your personal choice again in the light of this information.

     It takes absolutely ZERO insight, discernment, or enlightenment of any kind to see Halloween's "true colors".  It amazes me, now, how ugly the whole thing is!  Spider webs, gory skeletons, goblins, witches, etc. - we decorate our businesses and homes with blood, guts, and gore!  It's creepy!  Yet, this time of year (again coming earlier and getting longer), it can hardly be escaped!  Stores proudly showcase macabre merchandise that they would never have under any other circumstances.  Fashions and behaviors that are normally viewed as odd, fringe, even disturbing are now celebrated and accepted by all!  It's easy to understand why many enjoy this holiday and either ignore or enjoy the darkness of it.  What isn't so easy to understand, though, is why most Christians are among them!

     Please, if you call yourself a Christian, look into this!  We are celebrating a high holiday of Satanism/Paganism in which horrible acts are commited, and the whole time we're encouraging and instructing our children to take part!

     If you've read my "Cancelling Christmas" article, then you understand the biblical reasons that many believers are turning away from many of our traditional holidays.  To state it quickly, in Deuteronomy 11-12, YHVH gives instructions to the Israelites (His people) on how to worship.  He explicitly tells them NOT to repackage pagan practices!  Anything that has ever been pagan was and always will be an abomination to God!!!!  We can't "clean it up", "turn it around", or just go "so far."  He requires us to worship Him in Spirit and truth - not ignorance and "bathed" occultism!

    I honestly believe that YHVH is very displeased when His people (especially His churches) participate in the world's ways - either willingly or ignorantly avoiding the truth of those ways.  IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE!  We have more than enough intelligence and resources to know the truth, and we must make an effort at it!  The truth that we know, we are also held accountable to!

     If I could declare war on Halloween, I would; but, honestly, what good would that do?  What the rest of the world does is a moot point when God's people aren't doing right themselves!  If you are His, I beg you... be intelligent and informed about your actions!  Do your research, stay in prayer, and decide for yourself how your family can best serve and honor YHVH this year - every day.

     Here is a video to get you started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your replies and input. I'd love to have you join the conversation!

Join Me At My New Address!!!

Good evening, all! In an effort to establish myself as a new author and promote my recently published book, The Little Seed, I have moved ...